Jodhpur and Jaisalmer are the two most popular tourist destinations in the western state of Rajasthan. These Rajasthani cities offer visitors a different and unique experience, allowing tourists to explore a range of Rajasthani customs, cultures, and traditions. But is it possible to explore Jodhpur and Jaisalmer in 3 nights?
|Jodhpur– also known as the “Blue City,” is known for its rich heritage culture and historical monuments, including the Mehrangarh fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Clock tower, and many other ancient sites. |
Jaisalmer, known as the “Golden City” of Rajasthan, is known for its historical monuments, rich culture, heritage, and traditional markets. Jaisalmer fort, ancient Havelis, desert camping, and other local authenticities attract the attention of tourists in Jaisalmer.
If you have a pre-planned travel itinerary for Jodhpur and Jaisalmer, you can explore these two cities in 3 nights and four days. However, it would be a tighter schedule depending on the level of detail you want to go in-depth into the city.
If you’re planning for the Jodhpur Jaisalmer tour, then Travgenix- your best travel partner, provides multiple itineraries for your memorable days. Check out the Jodhpur Jaisalmer package by Travgenix to know more.
Furthermore, if you’re confused about whether you can cover Jodhpur-Jaisalmer in three nights, then this blog will help you with clear answers. Scroll down to know more.
Is it Possible to Explore Jodhpur and Jaisalmer in 3 Nights?
The distance between Jodhpur-Jaisalmer is around 285 km, and the fastest way to cover the route is by road, which takes around 6-7 hours to complete the trail. Moving ahead with the answers for four days, three nights queries, it is possible to explore Jodhpur-Jaisalmer in three nights. Still, it may be a tight schedule, further varying on the details you want with your itineraries.
As both these cities are popular tourist destinations in Rajasthan, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer are full of tourist hotspots and market ethnicities. There are around eight tourist hotspots in Jodhpur, including Sardar Samand Lake and Palace, Balsamand Lake, Kalyana Lake, etc., and around eight hotspots in Jaisalmer, including Bada Bagh, Salim-Singh ki Haveli, Gadisar lake, etc.
Along with these places. Jodhpur and Jaisalmer are also known for their local markets and food. So, if you’re trying to go into the complete details of the city, then you need to extend your trip. However, if you just wish to have an overview of the two cities, you can plan for a three night and four day Jodhpur-Jaisalmer trip.
Itinerary to Explore Jodhpur-Jaisalmer in 3 Nights 4 Days
If you wish to make the most of your long weekends or vacation days, then a three night and four day Jodhpur-Jaisalmer itinerary is the best option. Travgenix travel experts have curated the ideal 3 nights-4 days itinerary for Jodhpur-Jaisalmer that you must not miss.
Check out the details for more –
- Start Point- Jodhpur
- End Point- Jodhpur
- Route- Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur
Day 1 – Arrival at the Blue City of Rajasthan – Jodhpur
- Arrive at Jodhpur and meet our representative for the way ahead.
- Check in to your hotel and get ready to explore the blue streets of Jodhpur.
- Visit Mehrangarh fort, Chamunda Devi Temple, Jaswant Thada, Mandore Gardens, and Ghanta Ghar.
- Enjoy dinner at local Jodhpur eateries.
- Proceed to the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 2- Jodhpur to Jaisalmer
- Start your next morning with a delicious breakfast at Jodhpur and prepare for Jaisalmer’s departure.
- Enjoy the journey and visit Jaisalmer Fort after you arrive in Golden City.
- Check into your hotel and relax.
- Proceed to the following site, the Jaisalmer Fort, and shop from local markets there.
- Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3 – Explore the Beauty of the Golden City of Rajasthan- Jaisalmer
- Start your morning with a delicious breakfast and get ready to explore the local sites of Jaisalmer.
- Visit Gadisar Lake, Nathamal ki haveli, Patwon ki Haveli, and Salim Singh ki haveli.
- Head over to the Sam Sand dunes in the afternoon and check in to the desert camp.
- Explore the beauty of the Thar desert, and enjoy camel rides and local folk performances.
- Overnight stay at the desert, Jaisalmer Camps.
Read to Know About – The Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer
Day 4 – Pack your Bags for your Way back to Jodhpur – End of Trip.
- Begin your morning with a delicious breakfast.
- Pack your bags and checkout from the hotel, and head back to Jodhpur with a handful of memories.
From the above-discussed itinerary, you can explore the most beautiful cities of Rajasthan in three nights and at the most affordable rates. But, if you wish to explore the details of each city’s heritage, culture, and local ethnicities, you must plan for at least 5 or 6 nights.
Check out different options for Jodhpur-Jaisalmer itineraries by Travgenix to find the perfect options according to your travel plans.