Kheerganga Trek and Camping Itinerary
- After arrival in Kasol, have your breakfast. After breakfast, head to Barshaini for an exciting Kheerganga trek.
- In the first part of this kheerganga trek, admire the magnificent Rudranag-like scenic waterfalls and take a break to admire the beauty of the landscape.
- Trekking about 14 km on bubbling Parvati River, passing through the quiet villages of Kalga and Purga.
- When you arrive at the green meadows of kheerganga, take a refreshing bath in the hot and mythical Parvati Kund to wash away the tiredness of your trip.
- In the evening enjoy a campfire with a pinch of dancing.
- Overnight stay at camp.
- Wake up to the spectacular views of the Himalayan peaks and prepare to return to Barshaini along the same route you took to reach Kheerganga.
- Arrive at Barshaini and travel from here at your own expense.
- Return to Delhi from Bhuntar and say goodbye to the mountains.
Kheerganga Trek and Camping
2 days 1 nights
Price Per Adult
Accommodation in Camps on Sharing Basis
Day 1: Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast, Dinner
Camping, Trekking & Bonfire
Highly experienced & friendly guide
Pickup and Drop
Himachal Pradesh, India
- The booking confirmation email is sent to the traveler’s registered email address within 24 business hours, after the payment is done.
- In any unfavourable circumstances, if the booked slots are not available before the confirmation email is sent, then other available slots shall be offered & booked as per the traveler’s consent and an updated email will be sent to the traveler’s registered email address .
Know Before You Go
- In the event of catastrophes or natural disasters, the management retains the right to alter the route.
- Take enough time to acclimate at high altitudes because the climatic conditions differ from those in the plains.
- Before starting the hike, see a doctor. While trekking, have a first aid kit and some basic drugs.
- Avoid drinking beer or using any other intoxicants while hiking.
- It is advised to pack enough warm clothing and the appropriate footwear for the walk.
- The trek is not advised for kids under the age of seven.
Applicable GST to the booking amount will be charged.
- Keep the destinations’ ecological balance by avoiding the use of plastic bags.
Package price may fluctuate subject to any amendments in services/hotels.
- Bring dry food and snacks from home (you will save a lot of money). Bring water bottles with you so you can refill.
- Keep your luggage to a minimal because more luggage means more trouble.
- The weather affects every activity.
- Professional guides are offered to guarantee maximum safety, additional information, and the individualised care required to fully appreciate a journey.
- It is necessary to abide by the state government’s guidelines. Keep your distance from society. Use of a mask and frequent hand washing are advised.
- The authorities must be notified in advance if the trek needs to be cancelled.
- Avoid wearing earbuds on the hike; doing so could make you less audible.
- Encouragement of nighttime trekking should only happen if a guide is with you and it is part of the schedule to avoid unplanned catastrophes.
- Conservation is valued since water is so valuable.
- Do not encourage littering at nearby sites or tents as the hike passes through an environmentally friendly area. Littering travellers may be penalised.
- Cancellations made 30 days or more in advance of the travel date will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 15 – 30 days will incur a 50% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 0-15 days will incur a 100% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations due to any unforeseen circumstances occurring due to medical ground or sickness, within 48-72 hours before the travel date may stand valid for a rescheduling to a different date of the same booking. This shall be validated through the supportive medical documents.
- Any cancellation request of the booking shall be entertained only till 1800 Hrs.
- If the booked accommodation type lies in 4-5 star category then the charges and timeline may vary depending upon the property’s regulations.
- The payment terms finalized at the time of booking will remain the same and can not be changed once the booking is done.
- 100% advance of the total booking value shall be paid well ahead of the travel date adhering to the finalized payment terms.
When at home this activity is called backpacking. When you find yourself halfway around the world, this traditional way of traveling long distances on trails is called Trekking. A trek is a journey. A journey through a different country and culture. In the days of the British Raj, these treks were a way to explore vast areas of previously unexplored territory and could last months or even years.
Unlike backpacking, when on a trek you will only be required to carry those items needed for the day of walking. All of the group personal gear and camping equipment is carried by a trained group of porters or pack animals (ponies, yaks, llama, camels…)
Unless noted otherwise, the accommodation on a trekking trip will be a combination of hotels while staying in the bigger cities, motels or lodges when in the smaller mountain towns and camping in a tent when on the trek. All accommodation and the trip price are based on two people sharing rooms and a large tent. A single room and single tent supplement is available at an additional cost and where applicable. All sleeping tents are provided.
No special gear is required for a trekking trip. You will, however, need to have the proper clothing for your trip and we will provide you with a clothing checklist. In addition, you will need to have a comfortable pair hiking boots, a sleeping mattress and a sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for further information or with any questions.
In remote regions you cannot use debit or credit card so on your trek carry enough cash in Indian currency (Rupee). With every trek mentioned on our website we have given the details of last ATM point and Mobile Connectivity.
In most of the Himalayan region the connectivity is intermittent, you so at very few places the internet is available. Do not expect it in remote regions.
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek. (On day 1 – breakfast and lunch; on last day lunch en route is not included in the package.)
Yes, we arrange customized treks. They are more comfortable than the fixed departures. In these treks you can extend and reduce the itinerary or add extra activity in it at the time of booking.
There are always some risks in the adventure and without the challenges it is tasteless. But, safety is a measure which cannot be ignored at any cost. Many challenges will be thrown in front but if handled properly you can easily overcome them. Himalayan Hikers provide safest treks to their trekkers.