Supreme Kerala Tour With Houseboat Stay Itinerary
- After arriving in Kochi, our representative will greet you at the airport/railway station.
- The representative will assist you in arranging transportation to Munnar, which is known for its tea plantations, rolling hills, picture postcard hamlets, and undulating valleys.
- Visit the cascading Valara and Cheyyappara waterfalls on your way to Munnar and capture some beautiful moments there.
- Visit the tea gardens to learn what it takes to make the perfect cup of tea.
- Later, in a sanitised vehicle, be transferred to the hotel and enjoy the drive there.
- You have the rest of the day to yourself.
- Stroll through the markets or visit nearby attractions to appreciate the beauty of this location.
- Stay the night in Munnar at a hotel.
- After having breakfast at the hotel, I set out for a journey to explore Munnar.
- Visit the Spice Plantations and feel the aroma of the classic Indian Spices
- Pay a visit to the tea gardens to understand what it takes to make a perfect cup of tea.
- Click some postcard pictures while wandering around the Mattupetty Lake and Dam, Echo Point, Kundale Lake, Blossom Garden.
- Explore the wilderness of Rajamalai National park (home to the endangered Nilgiri Thar mountain goat amongst others).
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Munnar.
- Prepare for the next journey to Thekkady after breakfast at the hotel.
- Check into your hotel and freshen up upon arrival in Thekkady.
- Take a sightseeing tour of Thekkady.
- Take a boat ride on Periyar Lake through the Periyar Tiger Reserve to see the big cat.
- You can also go on an elephant ride or a Jeep safari through the jungle later on.
- In the evening, visit the spice garden or stroll through the local markets in Thekkady to sample the local cuisine.
- Stay at a hotel in Thekkady for the night.
- After breakfast, check out of the hotel and drive to Alleppey to board your private houseboat for a backwater cruise.
- The beautiful area is filled with canals, lakes, and coves. When you arrive in Alleppey, check into your houseboat.
- After checking in, enjoy a delicious lunch while listening to the sound of water rippling as your houseboat travels through the backwaters.
- From your houseboat, you can enjoy and observe the palm-fringed landscape.
- Apart from the breathtaking scenery, the life along the backwaters is what makes this a fascinating experience.
- Wake up, eat breakfast, and pack your bags for your trip to Kochi.
- Visit the Cochin Fort, Marine Drive, and other attractions along the way.
- Arrive at Kochi Railway Station/Airport and fly to your destination.
5 days 4 nights
Price Per Adult
Stay on a double and triple sharing basis in hotels depending on the group size in the following hotels:
Munnar : Devonshire Greens / Gokulam park / Tea village / Trivers Resort / Similar
Thekkady : WoodNote Thekkady / Spice GroveThekkady / Periyar mountain palace / Similar
Alleppey : Houseboat or Oxygen Resorts Alleppey / Green Palace Ayurveda Resort / Warmth Lake Haven / Similar
Breakfast from day 2 to the last day as per the itinerary
Dinner and lunch in houseboat (As per the selection)
(All the meals provided will be veg meals only)
Railway Station/ Bus Stop/ Airport pick up and drop will be done as per the arrival time
Comfortable, neat and clean vehicle like Sedan/SUV/TT will be provided as per the group size
Experienced and Professional driver for the entire tour
Sightseeing in a comfortable and sanitized vehicle as per the itinerary
Pickup and Drop
- The booking confirmation email is sent to the traveler’s registered email address within 24 business hours, after the payment is done.
- In any unfavourable circumstances, if the booked slots are not available before the confirmation email is sent, then other available slots shall be offered & booked as per the traveler’s consent and an updated email will be sent to the traveler’s registered email address .
Know Before You Go
- In case of private booking, the minimum number of people required is 2.
- Any meals; other than the ones mentioned under the inclusions, will be considered as an exclusion of the package.
Entry fee to the monuments and camera charges are not included in the package.
- Any personal expenses like shopping, porter charges, tips or rewards, laundry, meals or drinks other than specified etc. will not be accommodated in the package cost.
- Price mentioned shall vary during the seasonal or special dates such as Diwali, Dussehra, Christmas and New Year weeks.
- Any additional cost occurrence happening due to bad weather conditions, flight cancellation, insurrection etc are not included into the package.
Applicable GST to the booking amount will be charged.
- In case of addition of new member to a booked package, the applicable difference amount should be borne by the client depending upon the amendment in the package.
In tour packages, children with the age 8 years and more will be considered Adults only.
Package price may fluctuate subject to any amendments in services/hotels.
- Hotel bookings are subjected to their availability, and will be booked accordingly. In case of unavailability, a similar category accommodation will be provided to the traveler.
In case of any irregular disturbance or unfortunate conditions such as bad weather, insurrection/political unrest etc; we as an organization reserve the right to reorganize the planned itinerary without making any changes to the duration and quality of services.
- It is mandatory for the traveler to carry a valid address proof such as Aadhar card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport along with them during the trip.
- Cancellations made 30 days or more in advance of the travel date will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 15 – 30 days will incur a 50% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 0-15 days will incur a 100% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations due to any unforeseen circumstances occurring due to medical ground or sickness, within 48-72 hours before the travel date may stand valid for a rescheduling to a different date of the same booking. This shall be validated through the supportive medical documents.
- Any cancellation request of the booking shall be entertained only till 1800 Hrs.
- If the booked accommodation type lies in 4-5 star category then the charges and timeline may vary depending upon the property’s regulations.
- The payment terms finalized at the time of booking will remain the same and can not be changed once the booking is done.
- 100% advance of the total booking value shall be paid well ahead of the travel date adhering to the finalized payment terms.
The best time to visit Kerala is between September and March. Winter brings a comfortable climate and pleasant weather with less humidity.
Winter is the ideal time to visit Kerala’s lagoons, tranquil canals, and spicy plantations.
People prefer ayurvedic treatment during the monsoon season, which lasts from June to August.Shoulder Season – March to May
Temperature lies between 29°C to 40°C.
Low Season – June to September
Temperature lies between 29°C to 35°C.
Here is top shipping places of Kerala
Sarwar market, Trivandrum
Broadway street market, Kochi
Center Square Mall, Cochin
Connemara Market, Trivandrum
Spice market of Kochi
Mattupetty Dam market, Munnar
Mattancherry Spice market, Cochin
Kovalam fish market
Local town market of Munnar
Four days are sufficient to visit the best tourist destinations in Kerala, such as Munnar, Thekkady, and Alleppey.
8 to 9 days is sufficient for enjoyable family trips, while 4 nights and 5 days is sufficient for a romantic tour for honeymoon couples.
If you want to try some famous adventure activities as well as some offbeat places, you can extend this trip for two or three days.
There are three major airports in Kerala.
Cochin International Airport Limited, Nedumbassery – CIAL (IATA: COK)
Trivandrum International Airport, Vallakkadavu (IATA: TRV)
Calicut International Airport, Karipur (IATA: CCJ)
Kerala is known as India’s spice bowl. It is well-known for its rich culinary heritage, particularly seafood. Spicy versions of non-vegetarian dishes such as chicken, meat, and fish (‘Molly’ fish and ‘Karimeen Pollichathu’ fish) are popular. Vegetarians can sample Kerala’s ‘Puttu-Kadala’ and ‘Appam-Ishtu’ (vegetable delicacies made with coconut and bananas). Don’t forget to try Kerala’s specialty desserts, Palada Payasam and Halwa.
15. Kumbhalgarh Festival, Kumbhalgarh.
Kerala is known for its scenic natural beauty, tourist attractions, heritage sites, exotic beaches, backwaters, houseboats rides, densely forested mountain ranges, deciduous semi-deciduous jungles that are home to some rare, plant life wildlife species.
During the day, it is safe to travel alone anywhere in Kerala. However, avoid travelling alone at night due to the possibility of pick-pocketing, and do not walk the streets alone at night.
Spices: You can buy in Kumily near Thekkady, second best area Fort Cochin
Aroma Oils: You can buy in Thekkady, Kumily or Kochi (Spices Board outlet)
Aranmula Kannadi (Mirror)
This mirror is crafted of metal, not glass!
Coconut Coir Products, Banana Chips and Cashew Nuts: You can buy at local stalls, especially in and around Fort Kochi.
Kasavu Mundu: You can buy in local as well as branded outlets all over Kerala. There is also some government. licensed Kerala Tourism outlets where you can get stuff.
English and Malayalam is commonly spoken language of Kerala. Beside that
Malayalam is actually the official language of Kerala. Other languages and dialects spoken across Kerala – Tamil, Hindi and Kannada
Yes houseboats do operate during the monsoon. In case of heavy rain, a houseboat will not be possible.
Foreign nationals must obtain a visa to enter India. You can apply for a visa at an Indian embassy or high commission in your country.