Laka Glacier Trek with Triund Itinerary
- Arrive at the Bhagsu Nag taxi stand before 10 am and start the adventure to Triund top .
- Start trekking to the largest waterfall in McLeodganj and experience eye candy.
- Stop at the Mana Village campsite for a light meal (at your own expense) and return to your trip. Unpack your luggage at the Leta / Mana village campsite.
- Pause for a light meal (at your own expense) and return to your trip.
- Macleodganj to Triund top is a fun trek with easy hikes. Enjoy beautiful views of the Kangra Valley on one side and the Dhauladhar Mountains on the other.
- Looking north, you can see the magnificent Dhauladhar Mountains above the Triund Valley and the beautiful town of McLeodganj.
- After enjoying the scenic scenery for an hour or two, start the descent. Hike to the campsite, arrive at your destination and take a break after a busy day.
- Enjoy a wonderful campfire experience and dinner while listening to soothing music under the stars.
- Wake up to the beautiful sunrise and enjoy a rich breakfast around 8 am.
- Start trekking from Triund to Laka Glacier and enjoy the exhilarating experience awaiting you.
- As you head toward the snow line, you will see snow spots along the way. This is a beautiful sight.
- If you walk further, you may see the trail completely covered with snow.
- Arrive at the summit at around 1:30 pm and enjoy stunning views of the snow-capped mountains.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the summit around 2 pm while being fascinated by the scenery.
- After enjoying the scenic views for an hour or two, begin your descent to the Leta/ Mana Village campsite.
- Arrive at the campsite around 6:30 pm and enjoy the enchanting views of the soothing sunset.
- Enjoy a wonderful campfire experience and dinner (around 20:00) while listening to soothing music under the stars. Retired for the night.
- Wake up to the sunrise of the mountains and enjoy a rich breakfast.
- Explore the mysterious scenery of the area and interact with the locals.
- As you descend, you will wrap up the soothing landscape of a flock of sheep grazing in the green pastures.
- Then enjoy a fun tea session at the ridge tea house while enjoying the views of the Kangra Valley.
- Return to the starting point of your Triund Laka Glacier trek.
- Trekking on the Triund and Laka Glacier ends with a bag full of memories that you will cherish for the rest of your life.la
Laka Glacier Trek Package Options
Laka Glacier Trek with Triund, Mcleodganj
3 days 2 nights
Price Per Adult
Accommodation in Camps on Sharing Basis
Day 1: Dinner
Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Breakfast
Camping, Trekking & Bonfire
Highly experienced & friendly guide
Pickup and Drop
Himachal Pradesh, India
- The booking confirmation email is sent to the traveler’s registered email address within 24 business hours, after the payment is done.
- In any unfavourable circumstances, if the booked slots are not available before the confirmation email is sent, then other available slots shall be offered & booked as per the traveler’s consent and an updated email will be sent to the traveler’s registered email address .
Know Before You Go
- In the event of catastrophes or natural disasters, the management retains the right to alter the route.
- Take enough time to acclimate at high altitudes because the climatic conditions differ from those in the plains.
- Before starting the hike, see a doctor. While trekking, have a first aid kit and some basic drugs.
- Avoid drinking beer or using any other intoxicants while hiking.
- It is advised to pack enough warm clothing and the appropriate footwear for the walk.
- The trek is not advised for kids under the age of seven.
Applicable GST to the booking amount will be charged.
- Keep the destinations’ ecological balance by avoiding the use of plastic bags.
Package price may fluctuate subject to any amendments in services/hotels.
- Bring dry food and snacks from home (you will save a lot of money). Bring water bottles with you so you can refill.
- Keep your luggage to a minimal because more luggage means more trouble.
- The weather affects every activity.
- Professional guides are offered to guarantee maximum safety, additional information, and the individualised care required to fully appreciate a journey.
- It is necessary to abide by the state government’s guidelines. Keep your distance from society. Use of a mask and frequent hand washing are advised.
- The authorities must be notified in advance if the trek needs to be cancelled.
- Avoid wearing earbuds on the hike; doing so could make you less audible.
- Encouragement of nighttime trekking should only happen if a guide is with you and it is part of the schedule to avoid unplanned catastrophes.
- Conservation is valued since water is so valuable.
- Do not encourage littering at nearby sites or tents as the hike passes through an environmentally friendly area. Littering travellers may be penalised.
- Cancellations made 30 days or more in advance of the travel date will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 15 – 30 days will incur a 50% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations made within 0-15 days will incur a 100% cancelation fee.
- Cancellations due to any unforeseen circumstances occurring due to medical ground or sickness, within 48-72 hours before the travel date may stand valid for a rescheduling to a different date of the same booking. This shall be validated through the supportive medical documents.
- Any cancellation request of the booking shall be entertained only till 1800 Hrs.
- If the booked accommodation type lies in 4-5 star category then the charges and timeline may vary depending upon the property’s regulations.
- The payment terms finalized at the time of booking will remain the same and can not be changed once the booking is done.
- 100% advance of the total booking value shall be paid well ahead of the travel date adhering to the finalized payment terms.
When at home this activity is called backpacking. When you find yourself halfway around the world, this traditional way of traveling long distances on trails is called Trekking. A trek is a journey. A journey through a different country and culture. In the days of the British Raj, these treks were a way to explore vast areas of previously unexplored territory and could last months or even years.
Unlike backpacking, when on a trek you will only be required to carry those items needed for the day of walking. All of the group personal gear and camping equipment is carried by a trained group of porters or pack animals (ponies, yaks, llama, camels…)
Unless noted otherwise, the accommodation on a trekking trip will be a combination of hotels while staying in the bigger cities, motels or lodges when in the smaller mountain towns and camping in a tent when on the trek. All accommodation and the trip price are based on two people sharing rooms and a large tent. A single room and single tent supplement is available at an additional cost and where applicable. All sleeping tents are provided.
No special gear is required for a trekking trip. You will, however, need to have the proper clothing for your trip and we will provide you with a clothing checklist. In addition, you will need to have a comfortable pair hiking boots, a sleeping mattress and a sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for further information or with any questions.
In remote regions you cannot use debit or credit card so on your trek carry enough cash in Indian currency (Rupee). With every trek mentioned on our website we have given the details of last ATM point and Mobile Connectivity.
In most of the Himalayan region the connectivity is intermittent, you so at very few places the internet is available. Do not expect it in remote regions.
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek. (On day 1 – breakfast and lunch; on last day lunch en route is not included in the package.)
Yes, we arrange customized treks. They are more comfortable than the fixed departures. In these treks you can extend and reduce the itinerary or add extra activity in it at the time of booking.
There are always some risks in the adventure and without the challenges it is tasteless. But, safety is a measure which cannot be ignored at any cost. Many challenges will be thrown in front but if handled properly you can easily overcome them. Himalayan Hikers provide safest treks to their trekkers.